© 2016 Claire Fadden. All rights reserved.
Monica Morgan finally lands the job she covets—stay-at-home mom to her four sons. Her joy is short-lived, however, when a casual comment leads to the discovery of her husband’s infidelity. The news sends her reeling, grasping for understanding and makes her skeptical of everything she once thought she knew. While she struggles with the deceit and questions her faith, her youngest child receives a devastating diagnosis, plunging her into deeper despair.
Unsure of how to move forward, Monica must re-evaluate her options and determine what truly matters most. But will her decision ultimately destroy her family or will it make them whole again?
Sign up for sneak peeks, contests and be first to know upcoming release dates.
Did your book club select Claire's novel? Then, have her join you at your meeting.
Email her to arrange a Skype or FaceTime date and to receive goodies to giveaway at your meeting.
Readers’ Group Questions for A CORNER OF HER HEART
1) Monica Morgan trades in her career to be a stay-at-home mother. How did that choice make her more vulnerable?
2) Monica blames herself for Bodie’s illness. Have you ever blamed yourself for something that went wrong, even though you realize it wasn’t your fault?
3) Monica briefly entertains the idea of getting pregnant in the hopes of producing a match for Bodie. Discuss the ethical and – conflicts of this. Would you consider having a child to save another?
4) With all the deceit Brad has manufactured covering up his affair and his daughter, did you believe this marriage could be saved?
5) Brad finds himself in a difficult situation, one he had a hand in creating. Did you feel sympathy for him? How could he have handled things better?
6) Cathy asserts her rights as a grandparent. Was she right or wrong to do this?
7) Once Monica meets Bella she can’t forget the little girl. She is haunted by the unfairness of the situation. Should she accept the motherless child into her family?
8) No matter the circumstances that brought Bella into her life, Monica knows Bella is her sons’ sister. Do you believe Monica ever accepts Bella into her heart, as her own daughter?
Share your book club's discussion questions with Claire.